Monday, August 15, 2011



My sister found the Spellbinder Shapeabilities Antiques die cut set on sale for $6. She saw the key and thought of me, because I'm a sucker for Renaissance and ancient looking things. So, I ran it through twice, once to cut, once to emboss, and had a white paper punched key and lock. What to do? So many possibilities. I decided to pull out the inks. First, the embossed raised edges received copper, then silver inking. The silver got a little over done on the key, but the metallic sheen was pretty. Then, I found an Ink Dot, as it had large pores to the sponge. I dabbed along the keys, lightly, to create some worn effect. I backed the key hole with black paper. I was quite pleased with the effect. Check it out! That is just brown paper with a wood grain stamp on it, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment